PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Time to upgrade to FO and CN at Cathay
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2018, 12:06
shinytubedreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Scoreboard
haha just listened to a 3 year s/o whine that this very day he discovered that his upgrade now wont happen til 2021.....another 3 years of having no hours count towards ****....the p2X rating means nothing ....its not a rating your experience is nothing that is tradeable....I felt sad for a second then that moment passed....he was the one said he wanted the shiny jet future....just didnt realize till right then what he got himself into.....what a moment watching some realize what they have bought into this **** outfit.
That makes 6 years as an SO and the CX bond for cadets is 7 years. Correct me if I'm wrong but that means 6 years on rubbish pay and useless hours, then probably 5 more years to gain some significant flying hours (considering the amount of two stripers I've seen acting as Relief pilot and not actually performing takeoff and landings), meaning that it would be upwards of 11 years before a young joiner can have some prospects of jumping ship and aiming for a better life elsewhere on the bottom of the seniority list of another airline? The maths just don't add up... when you fly A319s with some European LCCs you'd be sitting comfortably in the Left seat by then.