PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UKGA magazine classified adverts scam
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2018, 09:19
macancan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bose A20 Gumtree

Thank god I just saw this thread!

There's a new seller on Gumtree claiming to be RAF flight crew using the same name "Dan Schofield" trying to sell a pair of Bose A20's at a very cheap price, he's been giving me all sorts of reasons why I can't come and collect them tomorrow when I'm in his area, Redhill.

I offered to pay him through Paypal, he said he didn't have a PayPal account but would try and set one up. He came back to me and said he had set one up but Paypal won't let you withdraw funds from a new account for 28 days and he couldn't wait that long, I phoned Paypal to check this and they confirmed that you can withdraw straight away after setting up a new account.

Before I sent him money I thought I would ask him for a full name and address, which he has given me but after running his name through Google it came up with this thread.

The address he's given me doesn't strike me as the sort of place a retiring RAF Pilot would live. (Run down old council house with old car seats and all sorts of other rubbish on the lawn outside)

All seems very odd. I think i'll steer clear!

Hopefully he doesn't catch anyone in the same trap.