PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK 25/3 Pilot forum Agenda .pdf
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2018, 04:40
CNJB777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Seaman Staynes
It will be interesting to see what they say at the forum, how it is conducted and what the general atmosphere is during the meeting.

In the past unless you were there you didn't really get the "feel" of the meeting. I've been to a couple of the forums last year and the managers that were there (DSVP / ADSVP / SVP training / Chief pilots / Managers from accommodation and manpower and planning) took as bashing, questions flying everywhere ranging from the ridiculous - bloke who thought lack of car port covers at meydan south a real priority, to the sublime - a seriously senior guy calmly asking why he was not allocated any leave - none / nada / zip and finally to the really sad - a chap who'd just got divorced purely due to the company high hours then lack of leave / days off so not seeing his wife and young family etc!! Special angst was shown to the aussie (?) muppet from manpower and planning (the guy who manages the roster system) - he thought it would be a great start to say about rosters "I am never going to make you happy!"

Could there be some sort of precis here about the way the forum went, atmosphere, responses and general feeling so that those of us that will not be able to attend will have some idea of what went on....? Thanks
So Seaman Staynes why didn't you ASK some more seriously Non Ridiculous questions at that forum then? It was a very poorly attended Forum, and at the time the Head of accommodations was addressing us and I prophetically enquired about the Garage Ports in MS was inadequate as opposed to Meydan Heights where the company had to install new Closed in Garage ports and I asked this while living in Semmer Villas. This was early 2017 and I had no clue we were going to be forced out later that year. The meeting was coming to a close and after asking the Head of Accommodations about the situation in Semmer Villas assuring me that we're good for at least another 2-3 years, I decided to press him on another "Accommodation" issue that I believed to be pertinent, which believe it or NOT I'm now in Meydan South and face the same ISSUE that you so easily disregard. A car is for some the most expensive purchase we would ever buy in Dubai and seeing that they did it for Meydan Heights, I thought it fair that MS would get the same treatment. Remember I did this while living in Semmer and NOT knowing what my fate had in store only a few months later while being assured that will NOT BE The Case!. So I ask YOU SIR, What exactly was YOUR earth shattering questions that day again? I forgot!!!!