PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Going from EK widebody Capt to LCC in Europe. Opinions?
Old 18th Mar 2018, 17:39
dubaigong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jack D

Don't talk about what you don't know...

I was at that time a first officer for a national air carrier in Europe and this was my salary after tax ( you know what you are so used not to pay here )
I also was benefiting of a good social security system , a good pension scheme and two group insurances paid by the company.
I have been of medical for around 5 month and my full salary was paid while recovering at home.

For your info I am not and have never contributed to the erosion of the industry as I have never paid for any of my training ( not even my basic training as I passed a selection program and all my training has been free from 0 to 220 hours and a Professional multi-engine IFR licence in my Pocket )

After that I had been Lucky enough to be trained for free on 3 different type rating ( Boeing , McDonnell Douglas and finally Airbus.

I was also scheduled for all my ground trainings , simulator sessions etc... and paid during this time while here YOU accept to learn on your off time at home on your computer most of your reccurent course and exams , so please keep your judgement for yourself until you have the correct information.

Have a great day mister Jack D