PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VH- vs. RA-Aus and CASA license vs. RPC, can help connect the dots?
Old 18th Mar 2018, 00:00
Okihara

Location: Currently: A landlocked country with high terrain, otherwise Melbourne, Australia + Washington D.C.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zanthrus
Yes. I landed at YMEN after departing from YMMB and doing a City Scenic in Class C.
Not a function of the aircraft rego, but as I hold at least a PPL with CTA then all ok.
You can fly a RAAUS registered aircraft anywhere if YOU are appropriately licenced...and another point, who the hell can actually stop you?

Happy to be corrected but then again I don't really care...
Thanks for sharing your example @zanthrus. That would be the intended use I'd want to make out a light sport aircraft.

As where you fly is a function of the license you hold and not the aircraft you're operating, according to @LeadSled, the only requirement to fly an RAAus aircraft is to become a member and hold their recreational pilot certificate.

Luckily the medical condition is not much of an issue for me, at least at this stage yet, having been granted my class 2 a little while ago which took CASA a good 4 weeks to process: a mystery to me considering how plain vanilla my history is and somewhat preposterous treatment for the $75 fee on top of the $270 for 40 minutes with an overweight DAME but, trust me, that'll be fight for another of those rainy day. Therefore I do understand the attraction of holding a driver's license medical standard for those who are happy with RA-Aus. The other thing about owners being able to carry out their own maintenance at least leaves that door open to those in a position to do it themselves.

Last edited by Okihara; 18th Mar 2018 at 02:57.