PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hours!!!
Thread: Hours!!!
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2003, 09:07
Sheep Guts
Props are for boats!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gardener,
Sorry I was commenting from an Australian perspective.

Weather-Chances are,again hour building you will be able to fly VFR only unless you can afford IFR equipped etc. not cheap UK
Well in Oz not many people do hour building , maybe a little. But it gets expensive and to hour build to say 500hrs command for QANTAS for eg., would be very costly. So most guys go out bush and get Mustering, Meat Bombong jobs and the eventually Charter even with as little as 200 hrs. They get exposure with margibal VFR weather. What happens when they fly thru it etc. Along with more powerfull types like C206, C210 C310R BE58 C402 PA-31 etc.
Deal with ATC and very importantly deal with clients and pax. So maybe I wasnt taking into account the Euro scene where hour building and Cadet Programmes are more popular.

Pete when I was refering to a Single Pilot version, I wasnt saying the f/o was a nobrainer. I meant that because of the experience gap or slant in crew experience, that indirectly this could undermine good CRM. Confidence in challenging something that one feels is wrong may sometimes come unwound due to an Over baring Captain. I think alot of people would agree here. The Science of good CRM is yet to pass to all four corners of the globe. Many F/Os I know in some comapnies never challenge anything for fear of career setbacks. This happens in the region Im in , at the moment. Scary I know.

But Im affraid that low time Airline Pilots are becoming more and more popular. And us guys till in G.A. will still be in G.A.

Regards
Sheepster