PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe
Thread: Flybe
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2018, 21:31
Flocks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JliderPilot
Some rubbish being spouted here. Please get your facts straight.

I think 10 nights away in a month (without volunteering for it) is rare. Let’s say once in 6 months depending on seat and base. Many who do not live locally ask for extra night stops.

53 block hours is about 14 working days or less. FlyBe (dash8) do some two sector days. Some of these two sector days will be 4 or 5 block hours.
+1 ... Even if I agree it really depends of the base and some are doing more block hours for less duty than other, say you always work 21days is not true, you have 115 days off garantee + 35 days holiday for captain. If you are rostered a CDO (company days off, if rostered 2 days off in a raw, garantee minimum of 60hr and roster will try to give you 64jr as much as they can, if less than 60hr free, they have to give you 1 CDO and one day off, in that case rest can be reduce to 54hr but the CDO does not count in the 115 days off) I had 6 CDO last year, so 115+35+6 = 156 = 13 days off a months and ofc standby are all from home, lately nobody call me ... The 2 sector days are a really good stuff.
In march I had 11 days off, 5 days on with 2 sectors, longest 1h30 block, shortest 50mn block and I did 87hr, so ratio of 4h36mn block a day for an average duty day of 07h50mn. It is a busy months for me, I had 19 days off in January, 16 in November, 18 in December ... Again not the best but not the worse ...

Last edited by Flocks; 15th Mar 2018 at 21:58.