PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Birmingham-7
Thread: Birmingham-7
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2018, 08:30
daz211

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Logohu
I doubt that will happen. I expect one of the reasons Primera chose BHX over MAN is the lesser transatlantic competition from Thomas Cook, Virgin, UA, AC, Icelandair etc. That isn't going to change so if they really wanted to operate from MAN rather than BHX, why go to BHX in the first place ? A common factor between BHX and STN is that they both have limited transatlantic competition.
I agree but in a way disagree only due to the way flights are searched for now if you were looking for flights from Manchester to the states it’s easier to use say skyscanner at which point you would see the primera flights along side the above mentioned carriers and the fares at the moment are very competitive where as Stansted and Birmingham are less likely to be searched due to the publics knowledge of where transatlantic flights operate if your looking for transatlantic flights you more than likely to search LGW or LHR instead of STN or LON and further up the country you would be searching MAN over LPL
So you would get more bookings through comparison sites due to the amount of searches and the competitive prices.