PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Birmingham-7
Thread: Birmingham-7
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2018, 22:24
nigel osborne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GayFriendly
Chinapattern, that seems a reasonable summary, this is what has appeared on the Primera website since yesterday, all bookable from 9th December:

Alicante: Thurs and Sun from 9th Dec - 7th April

Gran Canaria: Fri from 7th Dec - 5th April

Malaga: daily until 9th December, then Tues/Thurs/Sun until 5th April

Reyjkavik: Sun 9th Dec, Wed 19th Dec, Tues 1st Jan then Sun from 13th Jan - 7th April

Aircraft operates inbound Thursday 6th and 13th December, and from 17th Jan

Tenerife: Sat from 8th Dec

Barcelona is daily from 1st October-9th December, not bookable afterwards - why run a route only for 3 months at this time of the year??

Long Haul:

New York: Mon/Wed/Fri/Sun until 9th Dec

Toronto: Tues/Thurs/Sat until 8th Dec

So it would seem the BHX base uses a KEF based aircraft from 9th Dec with flights only operating from Thurs-Sun until April, apart from AGP which also flies on a Tuesday, totalling 8 flights per week.

I can't see them having an aircraft sat around on a Mon and Wed doing nothing to operate a single Tuesday Malaga flight?

Interestingly, MAN-AGP has now appeared, 4 times per week from 24th October. More routes to come from MAN me thinks.

One assumes EWR, YYZ start again after 9th April along with short haul winter routes hopefully continuing through the summer

The STN schedule is much more robust than BHX over winter, with daily EWR and ALC, 5 times pw IAD and YYZ and 3/4 times pw AGP, TFS, LPA. Goes without saying they are obviously doing much better from STN than BHX, no surprise really.

So many pieces of the Primera jigsaw to still put together. It doesn't make any sense to me unless there is more to come? They have not become 'the saviour' that I think BHX management were hoping they might be.
The start of Manchester flts is a worry for us.

With the MAG group airport of Stansted being their other main focus I hope they don't just switch flts from BHX to Manchester next year ..