PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Birmingham-7
Thread: Birmingham-7
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2018, 13:31
canberra97

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ATNotts
I don't believe BHX management expected Primera to be any sort of "saviour"; BHX doesn't need saving for starters, and second, it's unclear to me whether Primera's arrival on the T/A scene was the catalyst for the departure of UA / TS, or the consequence of the departure of said carriers. YYZ now has on offer more seats per week than it has had for years, and BHX has managed to get reconnected with New York. I am sure Primera is in BHX for the long game, and it's very difficult to judge them until the first summer season is done and dusted. As indication of just how difficult the T/A market is, I heard today on ZDF (Germany) TV news that Lufthansa and cutting their direct service between Berlin and New York, due to poor demand. If Berlin has issues making NY work, it puts BHX into some sort of perspective.

I am surprised however that Primera EWR is only bookable till 9.12.18, that seems a rather arbitrary date, and I would have expected the service to go into hibernation in the first week of January, but I assume they have done their homework.
It was always Lufthansa plan to operate both DUS to JFK and TXL to JFK temporarily before handing the routes over to Eurowings, as quoted by LH because of slot availablity at JFK the DUS to JFK has been suspended for the summer season and TXL to JFK has suffered due to the late arrival of the five former A343 from Brussels Airlines that are destined for Eurowings.

Lufthansa are concentrating operations at their primary hubs in FRA and MUN with Eurowings operating the former Lufthansa flights originating from BERLIN, COLOGNE, DÜSSELDORF, HAMBURG, HANNOVER, STUTTGART.

Last edited by canberra97; 15th Mar 2018 at 13:18.