PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emery Riddle School opinions
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2018, 14:16
havick

Received 46 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Flightguy02
Embry riddle says this about ATP:

FAA Exemption for the Restricted Airline Transport Pilot Certificate
Upon graduation, the Daytona Beach Aeronautical Science degree can qualify a graduate for the Restricted Airline Transport (R-ATP) certificate under FAR Part 61.160. Note that satisfying the AS degree requirements alone may not qualify the graduate for the R-ATP. This is a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) exemption to the regulations and subject to change. For detailed information, please contact the Aeronautical Science Program Coordinator.

Taken from their website

How much does it cost ATP license?

So if someone go to Embry Riddle after that should take an ATP for working?

Yeah but I don't think is a big issue, main issue is the possibility of working in USA.
You can’t buy and ATP, unless you want to pay for the entire 1000-1500 hours of flight time depending on whether you do an R-ATP iligible course or not.

If you walk away with a restricted ATP and then go back home, I would look into whether the contracting ICAO state even recognizes an FAA restricted ATP vs a FAA ATP with no restrictions.

Honestly i think you’re setting yourself up for a fail by coming to the US for training. You think you might be shortcutting the EU part but in the long run it’s going to cost you a LOT more in time and money, unless you have a green card or are an Australian that has the E3 visa option.

If you still decide to go down this route then buyer beware.