PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian Long Haul Roster
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2018, 12:48
TUIFly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gulf Julliet Papa
It seems that the “certain aspects of the job” that your friends have been “kept in the dark” with are driven by rumour, assumptions and guestimations by people that have nothing to do with norwegian nor have any intention of joining and just out to stir. Your friends have access to an internal website, and TREs etc which would provide a lot of answers if they were really that concerned or bothered.

Why does a CREW base require an aircraft and maintenance base to work? I’m really confused by this? As far as the pilot is concerned, his duty starts and finishes at FLL, I’m not sure how the rest matter?
Well this is U.S. "definition" of base. Planes, crew room, maintanace, crewtrackers etc. Very complex and expensive."Base" means seniority issues and rules.It's how it works in U.S.
European side works bit differently, "base" might be only crew, some times even part of crew, sometimes temporarily, sometimes mixed. Very flexible, especially in low cost segment.Sometimes operated by contractor crews. My understanding for Norwegian's FLL Is more "reverse schedullung"operations network wide with only one significant difference:joblisted at U.S registered branch of OSM. And this part is most problematic for Norwegian so far regarding unions..and reason why it's not really works well. I guess if they will finish soon this experiment, U.S. pilots can get residency in Ireland and continue work for Irish OSM. Maybe I'm wrong....