PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emery Riddle School opinions
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2018, 19:31
havick

Received 46 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Flightguy02
First of all thanks for your replies ;-)

The best idea would be taking both pilot training and degree.

I'm Italian I would go in USA with a student visa, I know I can work 1 year after school with student visa, meanwhile I can get another visa/applying for a job in USA, but don't exactly how it works, if is it possible and if a regional airline would hire me without american citizenship or green card.

I was checking CAE school or CTT (now L3) or European flight academy (old name inter cockpit). They cost approx. 120 Euros or more, that are 150.000 USD, with no possibility of scholarships or discounts, close to ERAU price, with ERAU will get a degree may have also the chance to get some scholarships. CAE or CTT only a good flight training but no university degree.

I know that with CAE, CTT and European flight academy you can apply directly with some good airlines since they have partnership like Lufthansa, Swissair, Easy-jet, Ryanair ect, and it is nice after school going directly to airline with a F/O salary.

I have no idea if ERAU has same partnerships with some american or worldwide airlines, on their website I din't see it. I have also no idea if I can apply for one US regional airline after ER degree without american permanent visa. Because if I have to came back to Europe I have to convert FAA license into EASA, studying again and paying again.

I've just sent one email to EARU career office, maybe they can help.

What would you suggest? Are you pilots in USA?
You can’t fly for any airline in the USA without holding an ATP. So you can’t go directly from flight school to an airline like you can in Europe.

Furthermore the only people that are gaining work visas to fly for regionals in the USA are Australians on an E3 visa. This visa is only for Australians. At the moment no airlines are sponsoring any one foreign national to fly for them.

Good luck which ever way you go.

Personally I would go with the tried and tested European model of doing your license in the EU and going to one of the low cost carriers as you have the right to live and work there.