PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brindabella Woes...
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2003, 17:29
meanestman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fellas

come on and listen to yourselves...the cliches are coming thick and fast now.

Megle seems possesed with matters of size, or is it a vein attempt at wit? Takes more to offend me than that, but try on imbacile.

Simple problem here, and no amount of pychosis or massaging of arguments abounding policy fault causing an accident is going to change the fact, that if you forget to put your wheels down before you land your plane, you are guilty of neglect. In any other industry you'd hang, why not this one?

Its easy for us armchair analysts to sit back and criticise the reaction of an owner/manager.But hey, not a major corporate entity here, just people trying to carve a living, RELYING on their pilots to remember the most elementary of airmanship basics.
When I was in GA, I would expect to have been reemed beyond human comprehension, had I have destroyed such a valuable an asset as an aircraft, not to mention harm to the business as a whole.

Can anyone here, offer up any excuse, other than neglect of duty for simply "forgetting" to put your wheels down. A scenario? anything? come on!