PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Have to re-do ATPL theory exams...please help
Old 9th Mar 2018, 00:28
aaron050384

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by Team Bravo
Good day ladies and gents,

Just finished my second batch of exams with success! So far I have finished re-taking 9 of the 13 required ATPL exams. So only 4 to go. To be honest at first I thought it would be much more daunting but as I'm going through these exams a lot of the material is so familiar and the rest requires a bit of studying.

I bring this up as motivation to anyone stuck in the situation I am where you have to re-take these EASA ATPL exams. Come forward with a positive attitude and take it as a personal challenge. You will only find that these exams are not only passable but also a good refresher in some areas. Although I will admit that about 70-80% of the material is completely irrelevant to flying in a modern multi-crew environment.
Hi Team Bravo

Am I right in saying that you did not have to do any brush ups. I have nearly completed modules 1 and 2 for BGS. I was buying myself some time saving money as I was told I have to do the entire brush up again at Bristol. I was quoted nealy 2k.
If this is not the case I will more than challenge it. From what I have made of it from the CAP804, remedial training is as required. Seems like abit of a grey area. I have to say after studying the subjects thouroughly and going by my comprehensive notes from 09, there seems to not be a lot of change in terms of syllabus. I totally get that the exam banks would have changed but that's nothing that the BGS online Q bank could not help with. Your feedback would be great. 👍