PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The new Qantas uniform...who did the homework on this one?(merged)
Old 26th Sep 2003, 06:43
ditzyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GalleyHag -
I don't think our boys miss wearing those hats actually...

Seriously I was describing the Esky bag to them at sign on the day before and I they laughed moreso because of my carry on rather than what the guy looked like. He was far in the distance and we did not laugh aloud or make fun of anyone (or in front of him, as you put it). It was just a giggle at associating the day bag to my banter the day before (ask Mr Seatback - I have a bit of a routine re. the Esky bag and it is quite comical). And yes it does look a little silly being carried around by guys. Others here agree. I wasn't paying out on him for using it (as we are supposed to) and you are right there is no other choice for guys. Maybe the powers that be should have thought about it a bit more.

It was all in good humour. No harm meant to anyone. Peace Out!

As far as bitchy comments go... What has a pilot's uniform got to do with their sense of humour? Care to elaborate?

Biscuit -
There isn't anything about wearing the jacket inside out in the Runway guide and you couldn't blame me for thinking it was reversable! I think I'd have a strong arguement for my 'error' in this case