PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia's national Qantas, tells staff to call Australia's settlement an "Invasion"
Old 6th Mar 2018, 01:01
AerialPerspective

Received 64 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by OK4Wire
AP:

Well, that seems to suit your argument, doesn't it? Try some research on the Mungo People. According to my "most evidence", they were here before the aborigines arrived, and do not share DNA with them. I believe that would make the aboriginal arrival an "invasion" as well.

That is never discussed in polite company though, is it?
Not sure what your point is - I am aware of the Mungo people and my understanding is that they are evidence of the longstanding presence of Indigenous people in Australia - not a different group and even if they were, no comparison with the arrival of the British and their rape of Eastern Australia - ask yourself how much of the gold found in Victoria DIDN'T actually go the coffers in the UK... they didn't come here to do good, they came here to steal the land, the natural resources and they did it with the view that no-one other than themselves were 'entitled' and anyone who was here already was not even to be considered.

Last edited by AerialPerspective; 6th Mar 2018 at 01:05. Reason: correct