PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian Long Haul Roster
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2018, 19:22
Luggage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TangoAlphad
Probably because he is just ranting on and people are just fed up listening to it.

Yes, everyone at Norwegian would prefer to be directly employed. I don’t think anyone denies that but it is where we are and I don’t see it changing. It isn’t the best arrangement out there for sure but it isn’t the worst and it is becoming more and more common.

Bondi and a few others have obviously had issues with Norwegian in the past and that is a shame but thousands of others don’t. I know guys who have had issues and been dismissed from major UK/EU carriers who have been very much directly employed... I don’t think the employment situation was the reason for the termination in any of the scenarios. I think If you are gonna get fired you will be getting fired one way or another, it doesn’t matter in which way you were removed from the position.

I am very happy at norwegian and 99% of the people I meet at work are all very happy with the company also. It is a low cost carrier so it isn’t perfect but it is a lot nicer place to work than others. They are an airline and need to achieve things occasionally so yes you may end up arguing with planning or Crewing etc if they ask you to go somewhere but if there has been an issue at home etc if you pick up the phone and calls the right dept it is usually a very helpful and considerate response.

It is a different company to that of the past, it is a nice place to work although not perfect.
In fairness to Bondi or anybody else that may have been ranting on about NAS, they seem to be posting links and information regarding issues at NAS which must be discussed.

In fairness to you I will take you at your word as a happy employee and believe you when you say there has been improvements made and a lot of happy people work there.

However this FLL 787 scenario and course date issue seems a little suspect. It is because I know of pilots there now doing the rating that are still in the dark as to what is going on which seems a little odd to me.

However time will tell whether this venture will work or not. NAS must have done something right to be where they are today and clearly people like you are happy there so I will be interested to see what others say going forward.