PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian Long Haul Roster
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2018, 19:16
Luggage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Direct Bondi
On 4 March, 2015, Dagbladet news reported comments by SEPLA President, Javier Martinez de Velasco;

“Pilots must be employed by an airline and cannot be hired from an external crew company”

“The bosses and the office workers, and even the ground staff can be hired out, but not the pilots”

Article link:
https://www.dagbladet.no/nyheter/nor...leger/60704442

SEPLA recently signed a collective agreement with Norwegian Air Resources, effectively accepting its members flying for Norwegian are temporary and rented service industry employees and not airline employees. Furthermore, with no union representation to the airline – their real employer.
Will be interesting to see what happens with the 787 pilot group. I can see another RYR scenario with pilots leaving in droves wiith 1000 plus hours on type and taking their skillset into the contract market if they dont eventually get representation and a decent contract. Pay rates are very low compared to what they should be for a 787 pilot with experience and 5000 plus hours.

Market favours the pilot group now and with the US set to suck in a lot expat pilots back home plus the retirements there will be a lot of openings. I dont work at NAS and cannot comment on the day to day life, satisfaction or happiness levels of a pilot.

Pilots will realise a great opportunity when it comes their way. It may be a great place to work now with a lot of satisfied people however start throwing the $ at pilots and they will up sticks and move.

The Asian contract market is set to explode and the 787 experience will be super useful.

Of course I could be wrong and this is the way forward but I wont be putting all my eggs in one basket...not just yet anyways.