PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia's national Qantas, tells staff to call Australia's settlement an "Invasion"
Old 5th Mar 2018, 04:17
clear to land

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whats wrong with Japs? My father fought the Japs in Burma. I have had the privilege to meet men who were prisoners of the Japs on the Burma Railway. They will always be Japs, just like we are Aussies, British are Pommies and Americans are Yanks. I don't hold todays Japs responsible for the past , just like I am not responsible for my ancestors actions.I have Jap friends who in casual conversation are referred to as such and they call me the Aussie. How can using that terminology change perspective? If it does then you need to get more strength in your perspective! I use the term Blackfella regularly-I grew up with them and am a 'blood brother' in a Yolgnu tribe. There was no Aboriginal nation to invade as stated it was a non-homogenous collection of nomadic tribes. Then there is the 'Right of Conquest'. Yes to the victor go the spoils!!! I am married to my Wife and my Mum is still alive. To think that an Airline can suggest to staff that they not use that terminology, or deny History is beyond my comprehension-the Plot is well and truly lost in todays Australia