PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia's national Qantas, tells staff to call Australia's settlement an "Invasion"
Old 5th Mar 2018, 03:59
AerialPerspective

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by fire wall
Aerial Perspective, when the Aborigines walked across the land which currently is called Africa prior to plate tectonics making the Australian continent an island....did they invade,colonise or occupy?
If you want to talk history then don't confine the timeline to suit your bullsh1t argument.....and keep the politics out of it pumkin !
Excuse me... politics??? The article originally quoted was detailing the ever-present pontifications of one Anthony Abbott... so I didn't bring the 'politics' into it, the only mention of the Liberal Party was because the women he was speaking about were LNP candidates.

As for your completely erroneous question, no, because it seems by most evidence that there was no one here except Kangaroos and other wildlife when the Aborigines forebears came here so they weren't invading another culture's land or stealing it.

Like I said, if someone comes to your house, bangs down your door with a baseball bat and threatens you then rifles through your possessions is that an invasion or a 'settlement'???