PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Engineers Salary
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2003, 00:53
Blacksheep
Cunning Artificer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bovine Excrement

So, now we've identified what's wrong at Bloody Awful / Big Airlines then ASFKAP. In my days there graduates still had to do time as 'Greenies' then work the shop floor for at least five years before they moved on through Development Engineering and beyond to management positions.

You're right, I've been out of the country for far too long but I haven't been able to find anyone willing to pay an experienced Avionics LAE the minimum of 36 thousand after tax that I would need to maintain my standard of living. [In fact, spanners, my interview experiences tend to validate the AirMech survey results as accurate]. I acknowledge that some 'Grabbers' may be ghosting an extra few thousand but I don't believe in working overtime just to meet my normal outgoings. Overtime is for extras like a third 4x4 for the housemaid.

No, I didn't work on Concorde Majors, I was one of the cavemen who worked in the adjacent bays back in the days of Tech Block B. One of Frank Hood's night time Boeing 707 worshippers.

Through difficulties to the cinema