PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is MCC required for ATPL license with 8000 hrs jet?
Old 3rd Mar 2018, 08:52
tommoutrie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustapha Cuppa
To reinforce 2close's post, from Commission Regulation (EU) No 1178/2011:

FCL.720.A Experience requirements and prerequisites for the issue of class or type ratings — aeroplanes

Unless otherwise determined in the operational suitability data established in accordance with Part- 21, an applicant for a class or type rating shall comply with the following experience requirements and prerequisites for the issue of the relevant rating:

(a) [..]

(b) [..]

(c) [..]

(d) Multi-pilot aeroplanes. An applicant for the first type rating course for a multi-pilot aeroplane shall be a student pilot currently undergoing training on an MPL training course or comply with the following requirements:
(1) have at least 70 hours of flight experience as PIC on aeroplanes;

(2) hold a multi-engine IR(A);

(3) have passed the ATPL(A) theoretical knowledge examinations in accordance with this Part; and

(4) except when the type rating course is combined with an MCC course:
(i) hold a certificate of satisfactory completion of an MCC course in aeroplanes; or

(ii) hold a certificate of satisfactory completion of MCC in helicopters and have more than 100 hours of flight experience as a pilot on multi-pilot helicopters; or

(iii) have at least 500 hours as a pilot on multi-pilot helicopters; or

(iv) have at least 500 hours as a pilot in multi-pilot operations on single- pilot multi-engine aeroplanes, in commercial air transport in accordance with the applicable air operations requirements.
(e) [..]
I had over 500 hours on a single pilot multi engine jet flown in a multi pilot environment and wrote to the UK CAA who provided a letter confirming there was no need for an MCC in order to do my first multi pilot type. You should probably write to your issuing authority and ask for a similar letter.