PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pathetic (ii)
Thread: Pathetic (ii)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2018, 17:08
Jonzarno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
People are indeed free to express themselves, though it is not the duty of private media to enable that expression
You are right: it is not “a duty”. But having facilitated the expression, the extent to which it is then restricted should be minimised.

Sometimes I will PM a poster or thread starter to explain why I have removed a post or thread. However, that is a courtesy, not a promise, the task could be too large, or maybe I just don't want the argument.
I don’t see how the task can be too large. Also, whilst not a promise, it should be only in exceptional circumstances - and I can’t think what they might be - that such explanation is withheld. If the post is inappropriate, it will be obvious to everybody. With respect: if you aren’t prepared to justify the decision (i.e. don’t want the argument!) then I would respectfully suggest letting someone who is prepared to do that do the job as moderator.

Certainly, the thread is not going to be the place where a mod will explain the deletion of a post
I agree. In that case, the poster should have the courtesy of an explanation by PM. If an entire thread is deleted, then en explanation under the original thread title should be given.

As ever: these are intended to be positive suggestions and not confrontational arguments.