PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates
Thread: Emirates
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2018, 22:30
LFT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EK77WNCL
People are still sour that Newcastle "stole" the 777 from Prestwick?

God, I was happy to see two triples on the ground at NCL, purely for the novelty factor... But seriously who gives a flying f***?

How exactly was it a debacle of a diversion, PIK3141? The aircraft made multiple attempts to land at it's final destination... Unable, the pilots made an informed decision to divert to Newcastle, an existing EK station, with in house staff and handling available... Not to mention the fact that Newcastle will have been a pre-determined alternate long before the pilots even stepped foot on the aircraft in Dubai. The aircraft, all of its passengers and crew made it to their final destinations safe, albeit with a slight delay.

Extremely well handled in my opinion, I'm sorry you're butthurt about not seeing the triple at PIK on that occasion, but I hope that's been more than made up for today. I presume the relevant parties at Emirates had a read through this thread and realised the error of their ways

2 x EK 777's @ EGPK today, and I'll bet most of the pax from the local Glasgow area are delighted they landed 29 miles (that's what it says on the signpost outside the airport) from Glasgow.
If the NCL EK landed at GLA on a diversion would you be happy, or would you have preferred say Durham Tees Valley?