PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Public Interest Lawyers/Phil Shiner
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2018, 14:11
pr00ne

Received 139 Likes on 64 Posts
Training Risky and Big GreenGilbert,

Never fear, I am here! Just waiting to be mentioned 3 times before I appear...

Sorry to disappoint and not to feed your prejudiced agenda, but why on earth would I stand up for the arse wipe that is P Shiner? Some here seem to forget that besides being a Barrister I was also a mil pilot (eons ago!) so the down fall of the likes of that git leave me only happy that justice has been seen to prevail and he deserves all he gets. Unlike some here though I will not wish him physical harm as that is illegal, and hypocritical of any law abiding individual.

LangleyBaston and cynicalint,

May be there is a REASON why that particular issue keeps cropping up, like the evidence?
Any self respecting PM would wish to see justice served and not merely pardon someone because they happen to be a Major.

All this tosh about the law chasing service personnel seems based on the instant decision taking in the heat of armed combat. Well I can assure you that that IS taken into account and consideration, and that the majority of the cases where prosecution has been successful were NOT in the heat of battle nor were they instant decisions. They were often coldly premeditated and prepared with the accused clearly stating their intent and in many cases being recorded by them or colleagues in situations where the victims were chained or other wise restrained.

Our service personnel are of the highest calibre and they need to maintain the very highest standards of behaviour to separate "US" from "THEM."

A mistake is a mistake, and is treated as such. Cold blooded murder is just that, as is torture and systematic abuse. They have no place in the armed forces of the UK, and those on this board who advocate such torture or killing are not worthy to be seen in the company of, or mentioned in the same breath as our forces.