PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - nppl (m) to nppl (ssea) pros and cons?
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2018, 09:35
Genghis the Engineer

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by rans6andrew
what happens to NPPL (ssea) after 8 March? with regards to foreign travel. I assume there will be a work around?

The practicalities of the aircraft I undertand. I will only really be considering group A aircraft with similar performance to microlights but which don't quite meet the rules regarding stall speed and/or empty weight. Some might even be available in either microlight or group A but not necessarily be easy to convert and reclassify. A little more payload would be useful.

I don't yearn to do aerobatics or fly on instruments or at night.

ps. I am happy with a permit type. My current aircraft is on an LAA permit but I am not averse to the BMAA. I might even build another kit aircraft if I can find something with a lot of headroom (I am 6'4" and long in the body & short in the leg) at a price I can afford.

Rans6........
An ex microlight pilot friend of mine of similar proportions bought an Auster, and loves it. Good owners club, LAA, he did a few aerobatics before it got old and he went back to the sort of flying he always did in a microlight, nice old-world charm. It's a bit thirsty, but worth a look - they often come up.

Rather more modern, the Sky Ranger is a much improved S6, and also has loads of headroom as evidenced by the amount of time Paul Dewhurst seems to spend happily in one.

G