PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nolinor
Thread: Nolinor
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2018, 17:57
TBM930

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nolinar Training a first for Quebec

So no one answered the question but here is something interesting.
Only in French btw.
Go to their website and add this to the end. I just joined pprune and cannot post links
nolinordotcom/devenirpilote/

I never made a career with with CPL ME IR earned in 1996. I speak from experience, having an Italian family name trying to get that first job was impossible in Quebec. I had one interview with a chief pilot with his feet on his desk looking at my resume and saying "My family name" follwed by " C'est quoi ça?" The disrespectful illiterate meant to ask me what cultural backgroung does my name originate from, which would have been an appropriate question to break the ice and get to know me!

When I graduated from C.E.S.P.A (for those old enough to rememeber this college, the Educational Director looked at my resumé and the companies in Quebec I was targeting for an interview. He crossed a whole bunch on my list telling me that with my italian family name those good ol boys would never even give me an interview let alone a job. This was after spending at the time 40k$ on my training! (I had. Paid for my ppl in 1989). I was born and raised in the Montreal Area fully fluent in three languages.

I hope times have changed. I use my aviation document as a paper weight.