PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - H130
Thread: H130
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2018, 18:23
wrench1

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by RVDT
The legal accountability is the fact that I am pretty sure it is Section 4 which is "approved data" hence.................
You're correct everyone needs to be careful, but legal accountability is not dictated by OEM documentation regardless if "approved" or not, at least with the various CAA systems I'm familiar with. Regulations dictate that accountability.

For example, if this H130 was private under FAA Part 91 a "preflight/daily inspection" is not a specific regulatory requirement. Determining the aircraft airworthy is required (91.7(b) which can be accomplished by using the RFM checklist, a checklist you developed, or any other means.

Since the OP is talking releases and signatures I believe he is asking for info more inline with Air Taxi ops. This can change the entire context of the answer. With most Aerospat/Eurocopter/Airbus products the Daily Checks are also included in the OEM maintenance program which is different than say Bell.

To still use the FAR example, if the H130 was under Part 135 the BFF, TA, ALF checks fall under the regulatory required maintenance program and now require a signature. Bell, for instance, keeps their Pre-flight/Daily check in the RFM separate from the maintenance program.

However, most US 135 ops will include a signed Daily Check and signature for all types as part of their maintenance program. But even with a signed "daily" in the book does not release the pilot from the accountability to 91.7(b).

It can become even more complex depending on ownership, country and CAA. I think before we confuse the OP even more, maybe he'll report back with some additional info.