PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France Cadet Programme
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2018, 07:20
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
if a British airline was seen to only employ mainly Brits
Errr right... ..and we’ve been talking, in part at least, about language skills and selection.

Just to join a few more of the dots I do know of a couple of British pilots currently working in France but not for AF, and I’ve met a couple of British nationals who are ground staff at our local French airport, working for French companies. One of my offspring has worked for a large French multinational company in Paris despite being a British national. All those people got the “gigs” because they were fluent in (at least) two languages, got off their backsides and applied for advertised positions. I know in some countries it’s easy to sit on the sidelines and blame the French/Germans/the Left etc but that’s not the whole problem, there is also the inconvenient truth that most Brits are monolingual and as a result shut themselves out of huge chunks of the worldwide labour market.

As for BA , there’s no need for anybody to board the outrage bus, as I mentioned earlier, there are foreign nationals working at BA but the vast majority of BA’s employees, on the ground and in the air, are Brits.....

Last edited by wiggy; 22nd Feb 2018 at 08:03.