PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pathetic (ii)
Thread: Pathetic (ii)
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2018, 18:19
Pilot DAR

Received 60 Likes on 43 Posts
Okay, I'll reply to this one (though another mod may choose to delete it!).

I am accountable for the deletion of both threads which have triggered this discussion. I have carried out the instructions provided to me, using my judgement. My first criteria being: Do I want to read it?

Accountable? Yes, often, and in the case of the earlier thread, I volunteered a PM to the thread starter, saying that I had to delete the thread, and why. It seems others have assumed that I had not done that, and acted from behind a veil of anonymity. Nope, posters can PM me if they have a concern - I have never not replied a PM, with a considered response.

I have no personal agenda here, I'm just doing what I said I would, and helping PPRuNe to be a place where readers can read about aviation in as positive, and helpful a light as possible. I'm just a regular person, not being paid to do this - but I know what the guidelines are, and I know what I don't like reading.

Posters are welcome to post, but not required to do so. If you choose to, please post things which attempt to not offend anyone.

As mentioned by a poster, those who choose to not post are, of course, free to follow that course of action. If the motivation to post was to contribute and disseminate wisdom, it will be the readers who will loose most from the withholding of a wise and learned post. PPRuNe cares, but will not reduce standards in trade for posts.

I will leave this thread open for polite posts, should anyone wish to make a comment, from which we can do better. Another mod could choose to delete this thread, and I'll respect that if it happens. I could choose to lock the thread, if posters are rude or unconstructive.