PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IR Scare Tactics Plan SH EBA/LH EBA
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2018, 12:55
Aussie Fo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I’m not a qantas mole by any imagination. And I was working so didn’t attend any meeting. But the flying these aircraft will do will be low utilisation, as are the F100s. Anyone who transits through Perth will notice 30% of them are on the ground at any time.
How old are the a320 they are getting? 12/13 years ? Jetstar have some spare, it’s not like Qantas can spare any 737s. Older aircraft don’t have to be flogged to pay the bills.
My final point is the Qantas guys are kicking and screaming. Who else is at threat? The eastern/ Sunstate guys have had the Jet dangled over each EBA. Are the 717 days numbered. And the Network guys, well you can kiss any chance of anyone getting picked up by mainline anymore if the six aircraft becomes true.
Qantas is offering the stick rather than the carrot. Shut up or we won’t buy the shiney 787 anymore, if they said here’s another 6 perhaps we’d give them the benefit of the doubt. Especially since they are only replacements anyway.

Last edited by Aussie Fo; 20th Feb 2018 at 12:57. Reason: Corrctling mistakes after getting in at 1am