PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IR Scare Tactics Plan SH EBA/LH EBA
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2018, 01:41
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
Not being there it’s hard to tell, but are/were they actually intimidated because they know they don’t have credible answers?

Angel JB’s amusing missives on this thread actually seem to be all the answers they have. It’s almost like they’ve got issues understanding why everyone isn’t clamouring for more Korporate Kampus Kool Aid.

Out of real money and looking for someone else to blame.

Pilots/engineers etc are NOT 21yo Hipster/HR drones with no clue. Perhaps the one trick, cost cutting ponies with zero vision nor real understanding of the actual business they are involved in are coming home to their boxes with stuff all to show for the last 20+ years. More importantly, possibly it is finally dawning on them there is nothing left. They must realise they have reduced what was once one of the top recognised brands in the world (#2 or 3 from memory in the ‘80’s??) to a company with a local monopoly between SYD-BNE-ADL-MEL, but only handful of big routes, a couple of dozen heavy jets but which (get this!) they are REPLACING with 8+6 787’s??? And if that’s actually true (having said it, it quite possibly isn’t!) why are they complaining about the massively expensive but warned about in advance and totally self inflicted training costs when they appear to be training far more crew than necessary for a fleet of 14 (767-like) Gamechangers?

Webjet and it’s cohorts are great business models, unfortunately that idea has already been done. And even then, it took vision to build those brands - not simple cost cutting. What is it actually that Qf is trying to achieve? The best answer I got from a fairly senior manager was ‘many things’. I stared at them and then realised they were serious. I just laughed!

Last edited by V-Jet; 20th Feb 2018 at 01:58.