PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IR Scare Tactics Plan SH EBA/LH EBA
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2018, 13:43
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Justin. Beaver
I think they were unsure why the SGM was being called and had concerns that it might possibly be about planning PIA or legal action of some sort that might affect the arrival and or operation of more 787s.
Neither LH or SH pilots are currently actively bargaining. Therefore there is no PIA that an be undertaken.

Further, the contract for the 787 is fixed. The rates of pay are known. The operation of the aircraft is on the LH Award. The ordering (or not) of 787s under those circumstances has zero to do with a bunch of pilots having a meeting to discuss Jetconnect and Network. There is no legal action being discussed, considered or even mentioned (except by you Justin Beaver) that has one iota to do with the 787 operation. It’s already set in stone.

Originally Posted by Justin. Beaver
I
In other words there was a lot of uncertainty from their perspective....
If this is actually the case then we have much to fear because it would demonstrate that our management are completely incompetent morons. I’ve already addressed the point about uncertainty regarding the 787 operation so that can’t be it. Now maybe you are actually correct and they actually are incompetent and are making ill advised and ignorant decisions off the back of fundamentally flawed decision making processes.

So which is it? Are they incompetent or was this a deliberate IR strategy?