PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IR Scare Tactics Plan SH EBA/LH EBA
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2018, 01:03
OnceBitten

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So the facts.

Pilots in the 787 EA give up 30-40% in pay, flying long range routes on the 787.
They increase productivity by 30% by giving away night credits.
This is to assure that they obtain the 787 flying.

So once it’s already assured in industrial harmony, it’s used yet again as a bargaining threat.
The CEO pays himself $25 million, a record for any CEO in the country and multiples of any other airline CEO. Mr David $12 million. Gee really got to make that cost base work. Thin the pencil guys.

The 787 game changer burns less than half the fuel of a quad jet and fuel is rising.
It requires less maintenance as it’s new and under warranty. You got them at a 60% discount.
Pilot pay on the new jet is at least 30-40% less than the 747 it is to REPLACE.

Well I say take away the toys you fools. You pay the extra fuel and maintenance and answer to your shareholders. Your bonus depends on it. Not mine. I don’t get one.

Pilots get paid more if we KEEP the 747s!!

I call your bluff. Your IR bully boy tactics won’t work a second time. And you can’t cry wolf when you pay yourselves $25 and $12 million dollars respectively.

People have woken up to the taking away the shiny toy gameplay. The global pilot shortage is growing. There is no rush.
You can’t have market forces that suit you both ways.
Fleet needs replacing as Others have said. The market has worked it out. You just look desperate using it as a threat.

When's the next "next step" course scheduled??