PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS on the skids?
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2003, 21:17
triadic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tobzalp

No.. the point I believe he is trying to make is that Class E in those circumstances is less safe in Oz vs USA. The example is not the same as radar is the mitigator in the USA example.

In Oz under NAS there would be NO repeat NO difference to the existing class G with the proposed class E in an area that did not have a radar service.

I would be interested to know where you are getting "more" airspace from?? There would in fact be more class E than at present, but to the VFR operator that does not count.

These "unknown" aircraft are out there today and making more class E is not going to change that one bit...they will still be there and unknown to the system (as they are now).

Class E is used more than any other class of airspace worldwide both in and out of radar coverage. It is not less safe than the existing Oz class G, otherwise why would so many countries use it (and successfully whats more)??

If you think class E is the problem with NAS then I don't think you understand either the existing system or the proposed one.

That brings me to the big E word.... EDUCATION .

So far we have not seen any significant education of pilots or controllers... when we do, then we might start to collectively get a handle on it. So far it is a joke (and it aint funny!).

"no known traffic"