PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Salaries?
Thread: Salaries?
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2018, 14:51
hihover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mutt, you seem to have gone off at a tangent here, I don't know of any helicopter operators offering a Ryanair type of package.

Originally Posted by helimutt
So basically you're one of the employers who believe that only a type rated person will do because you don't wish to invest in the right candidate? I've lost count of the amount of times ive seen this.
You can't be thinking this through before you bash your thoughts into the keyboard, why would anyone pay to train (type rating) an unknown pilot when there are qualified pilots (with operational experience on type) out there? Don't compare this to Ryanair, its a different business model. I am not surprised you have lost count.

The days of being offered a job because you have a type rating and a pulse are over.

The industry is in turmoil but I have no doubt it will settle down. The problem with the helicopter industry is that we seem unable to forecast with any certainty what the industry will be like next year. With that in mind, do you really expect an employer, who does not know you, to invest 50k to see if you're a good fit??

Good luck with that!!