PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Salaries?
Thread: Salaries?
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2018, 11:41
helimutt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hihover
Brutal - I hear what you are saying but the term "Qualified" is only a starting point in many cases. You advertise for the pilot you would choose in an ideal world, however, if they don't exist or are not interested then you have two options - either widen the door or increase the salary/package.

I need 139 pilots at the moment (thats AW 139, not one hundred and thirty-nine pilots), but we require a very special set of skills and few meet the requirements. I am often in a position of having to trade skills and experience in order to get close to the right man.
So basically you're one of the employers who believe that only a type rated person will do because you don't wish to invest in the right candidate? I've lost count of the amount of times ive seen this. Come with the type rating and you can have a job. It's like Pay2Fly in places like Ryanair. I'll just go do a £50k type rating for the slim chance of a job which pays less than that per year, and be loyal to the company. If helicopter companies wished to invest in people (they don't) they should factor in the cost of these type ratings into the costs of the job. It'll never happen though.