PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Salaries?
Thread: Salaries?
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2018, 21:17
Brutal

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
H.99 Read my post...I Stated QUALIFIED........

New CPL's are not...
Babcocks Requirements are NOT that high... Or do we give a 150 hr cpl a type rating on a 135/145 and let them fly single pilot in all sorts of weather?? I remember having a brand new CPL and couldn't get a job as I wasn't "qualified"
You need a certain amount of experience..and I get it, like all jobs, you can't get the job without experience, but how do you get it??
When companies start to feel the squeeze when all the "Qualified " pilots have dried up, (we are almost there)...then they will be forced to invest in training and type ratings...
Compared to a few years back, there is a drastic reduction in ex-mil guys leaving the forces and becoming available....
Companies will always try to save every penny, hence the situation on the N.Sea where Type ratings are king..you could have been loyal to a company for 20 years but then they lose a contract on that type you fly, and your service means nothing as the new guy with the type that they want will keep his/her job?? Hence why people are leaving the N.sea even if they are secure because they have seen how the operators treat people with utter contempt!
I sit in on senior meetings with management, they know there is a lack of Suitable qualified pilots and (although they would never admit it publicly), they are concerned...
B.