PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Really Top Guys Leaving
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2018, 16:28
VforVENDETTA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fleet forum has always been a waste of time and a joke not worth laughing at. Third floor managers have always been clueless (except for a couple) as a result of never having worked for a real airline before this place. All RAF, RAAF, CAF, or any other airforce or some small shop airline nobody ever heard of. None of them know what a real airline runs like at the FOP level. None of them can be trusted. Director of flight ops isn't even a pilot let alone an ex-cx pilot so where do you even begin about the lack of knowledge and qualification for the job of leading troops whose jobs you never have performed and aren't capable of doing. (The incompetent NR not to be left out, I'm not just picking on the current DFO.) They all lie to your face. They always have. The core culture of this place is the culture of lie. I realized this over a decade ago and decided not to give a sh!t and keep my sanity. Why? My compensation package.

I put up with the fact that my seniority means nothing to them. (I was lied to about this issue at my interview). Direct entry captains hired into the left seat after my date of hire. It's always nice to fly with a junior captain, not. Inability to bid and hold my preferred fleet according to my seniority. No absolute respect for seniority = No good will on my part on any issue.

I accepted the fact that I will not receive training at this place and will have to survive on my knowledge and skills I already had which I had to keep sharp despite what cx called training and standardization (these things don't exist here). This meant I would not enjoy doing my job like as I once had before.

Or that my contract was not to be respected or worth the paper it's printed on except to point at when it suits cx.

Inability to request and receive my preferred roster according to my seniority and without incompetent human molestation due to cx insisting to do this process like it's still the 50's despite the fact that other airlines having been using such computerized systems providing this valuable lifestyle flexibility to their crews while at the same time have been saving a lot of money on manning levels... for the last 20 years!

I decided over a decade ago I’d stay because of my compensation package. I’m after all a mercenary. Like many others, here for the compensation. Hoping I could do better for myself and my loved ones, than I could back home. Apart from the regular sight of cx aircraft at my home airport with the old paint scheme, I hardly knew anything about cx. Like many others I grew up with a hunger about all things aviation and aerospace. Any airline peaked my interest and still does. I liked the shiny story of cx and decided that and the shiny package they offered at the time was worth coming here.

Any real pride, respect, loyalty to cx I brought with me was quickly chipped away. What was left of my expectations was the compensation package. But when it was announced that was to be reduced, then there’s nothing left of value to me at this place. There’s no price you can put on pride, loyalty, trust which result in good will. I can’t remember when was the last time I cared at all about fuel savings or other cost cutting measures. I simply don’t care. I haven’t given a sh!t all these years because my seniority has not been respected as mentioned above. All the money saved by pissing all over my seniority and many many others like me will never amount to what it has cost in lack of good will and it will continue to do so. Tell me to leave if I don’t like it. Fine. But that will not fix the problem of lack of good will. The one replacing me will quickly be just like me. It’s the best definition of stupidity to keep doing the same thing and expect a different result.

Cx either has to pay more than others or be a more fulfilling enjoyable place to work at. Well, this is a sh!tty place to work at, it hasn’t kept up with pay and benefits of other airlines hiring and on top of that they want to take away from already lacking pay and benefits. They think people are working here because of any other reason than money. It’s sad and laughable at the same time. The only ones acting happy and fulfilled are the ones who come from places with little to no prospect of a better job so they fool themselves in believing they’re happy. What they really are is desperate and even they don’t have loyalty, good will and pride in cx. They just don’t have any other choice at the moment.

Time to what? Win? Nope. It’s time to leave. If you stay here, you lose.