PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Times: BA staff shortages shut first-class cabins
Old 24th Sep 2003, 17:11
Hot Wings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roobarb - excellent post.

CG - My understanding of the situation is that many of the CC have realised that life does exist outside of BA and have decided not to come back from unpaid leave. There are also quite a few who have not been responding to BA's attempts to get in touch with them!

Getting the job done these days is an up-hill battle. Poor morale has resulted in some employee groups unofficially working to rule - especially the cabin crew. However, I wonder how many staff at Waterworld went without summer leave? Also, there are 300+ cabin crew who will be losing their jobs (not redeployed as the government intended) due to failing the criminal record check.

I believe that it has been the threat of legal action, by cabin crew who have been refused leave, that has resulted in the search for new recruits. Apparently, the number of cc on unpaid leave has reduced the number of leave days available for those who are still working. Recently, one CSD told me how he was owed 42 days of leave yet the company wouldn't let him take any unless it was unpaid.

Edited to add: The sooner MS is forced to fall on his sword the better.

Last edited by Hot Wings; 24th Sep 2003 at 17:22.