PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hand flying in todays jet transports
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2018, 09:38
FAStoat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some of these Posts make me think loads out there have either never sampled the sheer delights of hand flying,but when I try to point out that thats what FLYING is all about-IS IT NOT??Then one of you states in maybe irritation, or anger, he feels that my 7 points of Airmanship can be dismissed as ARROGANCE!PHEW!!!When I ran a ATPL/CPL/QFI Training School(We had one of the best rates of passes of IRT/GFT) in the early 80s between Overseas and UK based Aviating,I would have sent him away to find his way elsewhere as a visit to Stand 32 CAAFU would have been a disaster.Such people who are happy to sit in an office monitoring TV screens wearing the Uniform of a Qualified Pilot,that have never enjoyed the joy of zooming around the sky high above clouds in the glorious sunshine,in the company of others in the same mind set,have certainly missed out of the experience and sensations,and yes a certain amount of fear and trepidation!!Canopies iced up at night,taking gloves off hoping to clear a patch to try to see the stars with JPT climbing and slight rumbles,that no one forgets.I was lucky to have had 45 years of aviating in exciting times,but though the last 5 in your now commonplace 3rd level Airliners,as I think they are referred to,made me very glad to see the back of it.So if stick and rudder guys are now a thing of the past ,then woe betide you lot who hope to cope when all the Bells and Whistles with the Charge of the Light Brigade hurt your ear drums,have the confidence to control your Aircraft,maybe in IMC with no horizon.What does your backside think you are?Upside down ,Climbing, Descending,VSIs playing up,Mach meter showing constant,yet altimeters going up?????A nightmare scenario you seem happy to think will not happen to you.Just a thought from one of your dinosaurs that tried to maintain a high standard of Handling Aeroplanes ,making life a little easier within the constraints of the Bean Counters!!!I am happy to go now!