PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hand flying in todays jet transports
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2018, 17:47
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's my point: and that, in some airlines, the automatic ones, the pilot in their flight desks are different animals than Flt OPs were, perhaps, themselves a couple of decades ago. And they are different animals to the airline who has a more 'piloting' philosophy: but the recruitment & training/checking process is the same. There are those in the automatic camp who will disagree that their pilots lack skills, and yet they pay only lip service to teaching & encouraging those skills. A bit of honesty & transparency might be oil on troubled waters when one is trying to question their policy.
We heard from F9'er how his type conversion starts with 4 sessions of raw data stuff. We can, therefore, be confident in which camp that company sits. You only have to look at a TR syllabus, which have all been written in-house, to see what kind of company you are joining. I'm not sure the hordes of cadets have woken up to that yet. They start their expensive dream not knowing they might sometimes be conned; it depends how the dice fall.