PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The new Qantas uniform...who did the homework on this one?(merged)
Old 24th Sep 2003, 13:04
ditzyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S T O P P R E S S ! ! !

I tried my uniform on for the first time the other night. Well. It isn't that bad. There I said it! Ughh! I never thought I'd be content but there you go.

Can I just say how great the shirts are. They are very crisp and tight and bring out a V shape I never knew I had. HUGE improvement over the current "tent" shirts. I am really happy with the shirts and the trousers were tailored exactly like the guy requested. Blood can flow past my thighs. Still a bit tight at the front though. Could be a good thing...

Saw a girl wearing the print dress and she looked marvilous! Really smart! Still not keen on the black funeral dress though. Also the cut of the girls' jackets and vests is really sharpe and professional. Quite stylish.

Now don't let all these positives lead you to think I am remotely pleased with the whole arrangement. Just making do I guess.

We walked past a guy with the Gay Bag / Qantas Esky over his sholder and our Tech Crew starting laughing. Guess it's a definate NO for that luggage piece then. Like there was ever any doubt!

On to a more serious point. I have accepted a dare to walk from Sign On to the aircraft wearing the jacket inside out - RSL style! Will keep you informed... Lets just hope it doesn't get me fired.

Sandgroper -
Hello! Wow! How are you? PM me. Tell me how things are going. You are in WA so they can't be that good. Just kidding!

Chiney -
Go to the Qantas website and check it out. Let us know what you think.