PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Accelerated Commands
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2003, 12:26
Jim Morehead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After looking at this thread, I went to look at Emirates website. yesterday and today. It appears to have changed because of the direct entry Captain situation.

It is not very clear and it is buried in the text that they are encouraging direct entry Captains saying"the needs have changed". But it doesn't say what equipment (does it mean all?) and if a type rating is absolutely required. It makes no reference to currency. Maybe I missed something.

If I did the math right, the pay is quite low. There are some benefits that other places don't pay and maybe there is lots of overtime.

Also it appears that they have a program that they will "encourage" people to stay if they pass the first few days. Perhaps some people get a little "jittery" about it and wonder if they were doing the right thing.

Does any place eles in the world have such a program or just at Emirates?

What does the "encouragement program" entail? Getting you into a room and providing a case of beer to talk you into it?

All kidding aside,how does Emirates appeal to some of you that might be there?

Other places in the world are hiring pilots and maybe that is what has contributed to what could be viewed as a shortage.

My own Company is still buying airplanes in a prosperous region and they need pilots also.