PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airlines investigated over claims they deliberately split up groups then charge for a
Old 12th Feb 2018, 15:38
ExXB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you need to review the actual allegations being made. Many have found that when they try to check in and select seats as a group there are no adjacent seats available, but as soon as they agree to pay the adjacent seats fee suddenly the adjacent seats appear as if by magic.
Actually could you reread my previous post? If an airline blocks (for non-payers) all aisle and window seats - there will be no adjacent seats available - only middle seats. When they decide to pay, the aisle and window seats become available and with the previously available middle seats, magic! They get two seats together.

Now, is this deliberately splitting groups, or just allowing them to select only the cheap seats?

Oh dear; you have allowed yourself to become brain washed. Is it the LoCo syndrome or just punch drunk?
Could you reread my post? I said that the locos allow check-in weeks in advance. This is something most network airlines don't do. Usually only 24 hours, or so. It wasn't a slag at the loco model.