PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An-148 missing after takeoff from Moscow
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2018, 05:12
up_down_n_out

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flash8
given the now pretty high security at DME would hopefully like to rule that one out. Huge improvements on the old days and now world class, I used to operate out of there and things really have changed.
I can 100% assure you, you are WRONG.

I flew through DME* in december and was astonished to see I could take items through hand baggage that would never ever have been allowed through a European airport.

Most of all that anti-terror BS in Putin's republic is just that,- to "reassure" the public that they can be seen to be doing something (mostly paranoiac, and time wasting).

Everywhere there are gates with metal detectors, stations, airports,border crossings, even going to visit ice castles in provincial towns!
None of it is any use,- providing employment for zillions of jobsworths.

I also note the world's press (+BBC) appears to believe Orenburg/Orsk is in the Ural "mountains" (sigh).

If they can't even learn basic school geography, what hope of reporting the slightest detail correctly?

*I have to qualify, SVO is no better, and a baggage check in the hall/corridor after aeroexpress causes nothing but massive annoyance, cos the organisation at busy periods is cr..p