PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL help
Thread: ATPL help
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2018, 23:52
r10bbr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i agree with rotweiler 100% it should be used as an aid when a person feels comfortable they understand the topic and then use bristol to attempt the questions to get a feel of how the exams are worded/styled etc..

but this is where i wanted to ask fellow members the following that i have encountered, the first being not everyone i have met that are studying or have studied the atpls are forward to say that they have used or are using bristol question bank, some look at disgust when the word bristol is mentioned, or dont even suggest it to use at all.

we have been told by the school where im studying to use bristol a week before our easa exams which in realistically time wise is impossible to cover 7 subjects in 7 days i.e 1 subject on average has over 1200 questions, doing 1000 question per day works out to be roughly 200/300 question per hour depending on the individuals usage ..

the second being when browsing the relevant sites in terms of atpl exam feedback the majority people have commented that doing the last 200/300 questions of each subject is the most up to date questions that are being asked in the exams , again how true is this? as that each exam sat by individuals are generated differently thus the chance of myself seeing those 200 questions in my real exams can vary i may get 60% of those questions from the bank or i may get all new ones ... but again a lot of feedback has been said the last 200/300 questions are the ones to remember etc

also i have met students at my school who have said , all they have done is 3 months prior to their exams is hammer the bank and the questions they have done in the bank came up in their exams and they have passed with 75 % and above

thirdly does sitting the exams at different venue have a similar pattern of the questions that are repeated or asked in the exams i.e sititng at gatwick 40% bank questions compared to sitting at oxford having 10% bank questions..

to conclude i do understand the bank is to be used as an aid to compliment the individuals studies..

anyone care to share there views..?