PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - M-Baker to be homeless ?
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2018, 08:39
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
tescoapp, thread drift is a way of life on this forum but can I just say that I find your post just a drift too far? My main complaint though is that it is "inappropriate and unacceptable", to coin a catch phrase much in use these days. You may blame the ugliness of Coventry on the Luftwaffe, I suppose much as they would blame us for the ugliness of much of Berlin, which was rebuilt in the same concrete of the 50s and 60s.

Back on thread, I find Nutloose's:-

The cynic in me wonders if this plan to possibly build on the place was put forward before MB put their hands up and admitted guilt over the Reds ejection. The cynic in me also wonders if it will be quietly dropped now.
both alarming and persuasive. HMG can be merciless to aviation companies that do not bend to its will. Sir Frederick Handley Page demurred from joining one of the two new groupings required of him. His Herald (with flatbed height sills) lost the bid for a short range tactical transport, and the RAF got the turkey all kneeling Andover instead.

At least that was a joined up attempt to rationalise the British Aircraft Industry, unlike this...