PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Touring motor glider ppl
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2018, 21:29
gondukin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BEagle
cmsglider - good news! A BGA TMG guru has reminded me that things have changed for the better!

Commission Regulation (EU) 2015/445 of 17 Mar 2015 has already amended the aircrew regulation, so that the experience requirements may be gained in aeroplanes or TMGs:

Hence your SEP training (if gained after Apr 2012...) will now count towards a PPL with TMG Class Rating.

(Thanks, Andy!).
I've just done my NPPL SLMG with OSF at Enstone using the BGA cross credit and stumbled across this thread. I have never seen it mentioned before that you can do a PPL(A) on TMG but sure enough there it is. That begs the question - is it possible to upgrade a LAPL(A) on a TMG, or is it only available ab initio? The only mention I can find is as follows which suggests not (my emphasis):

Applicants for a PPL(A) holding an LAPL(A) shall have completed at least 15 hours of flight time on aeroplanes after the issue of the LAPL(A)
Also, would converting from a PPL(A) on TMG to an SEP just be differences training, similar to the NPPL? Coverting on the LAPL specifically requires 3 hours plus a skills test, but I can't see any mention of it for the PPL.